I love pasta salad. But I also love veggies and recognise their importance. So, when I saw an image of salad stuffed shells on Pinterest (are you following us yet?), I knew I had to try it. I got a few strange looks from my family—I won’t deny it, it does seem strange—but it was so delicious that I didn’t care.Jump to Recipe
I kept the toppings separate so we could mix and match, but you could easily combine them all initially to make the “filling.” Here, I just used some simple cherry tomatoes alongside the lettuce.
I used Italian dressing here, but feel free to grab your favourite! I’m sure a creamy dressing would go beautifully with the pasta shells. Try it for yourself and see!
Really, the beauty of this recipe is in its versatility. Use your favourite greens and whatever you’d grab off a salad bar. Croutons, shredded carrots, or even diced red beets would add colour, flavour, and texture! However you fill them, these salad stuffed shells are a tasty, if unconventional, dish.
Salad Stuffed Shells
- 1 large head lettuce
- 1 12 oz. box jumbo shell pasta
- salad toppings (tomato, cucumber, or whatever you like best!
- your favourite salad dressing
- Cook the pasta according to directions on box. Once cooked, drain pasta and allow it to cool.
- Meanwhile, chop/shred lettuce and prepare toppings as desired.
- Add salad mixture to cooled shells individually. Top with dressing to taste.
- Serve & enjoy!
Super simple, and great for a hot summer day! Let us know in the comments if you try these salad stuffed shells for yourself, or tag us at @anideallifeblog.