Mom’s Bean Soup Made Vegan
My family has been making a simple, budget-friendly bean soup for decades. Then, my mom and I made this family recipe vegan!
- one 20 oz. bag mixed beans soaked overnight
- vegan ham seasoning to taste (if not included with beans)
- 2-3 cans whole new potatoes, halved or quartered according to personal preference
- black pepper to taste (sprinkle just before serving)
- 8 cups water approximately
Drain your soaked beans and add to the pot, along with water, potatoes, and seasonings.
Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for at least one hour.
Serve with black pepper and enjoy!