Vegan Sausage Pasta Bake
Recently, a local market had a sudden influx of plant-based options—Lightlife Smoky Bacon Tempeh, Plant-Based Bratwurst, and Gardein sliced Italian saus’ge. This shop has constantly revolving inventory, so I knew I had to stock up, and stock up I did! I found that the “bacon” was quite tasty on its own (I love tempeh) and the bratwurst went beautifully with some simple broccoli. The Italian saus’ge slices reminded me of meatball pizza (which I had to make, of course). But that led to a bit of an Italian food streak, including a vegan sausage pasta bake.Jump to Recipe
*This post may include affiliate or referral links. At no extra cost to you (and with a special reader discount, in some cases!), I’ll receive a small commission or other rewards to help support An Ideal Life. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases*
Now, I’m a big fan of pasta. I eat some sort of it at least once a week. More realistically, it’s far more often. Usually, it’s simple pasta with sauce, and maybe some Earth Grown (Aldi) or Gardein meatballs. Sometimes it’s my go-to vegan alfredo recipe. Now, it just might be this vegan sausage pasta bake!
Looking for some other vegan-friendly recipes? Check out our archive!
Besides eating far too much of it, my favourite experience with this pasta bake actually has to do with my non-vegan sister. I made a dish of this pasta for the first time and sat it on the stove to cool a bit before diving in. I left the room and my sister went into the kitchen for something. When she saw the casserole dish of warm pasta, she thought it was something our mom had made. She had no idea it was vegan, and even commented on how good it looked! My family doesn’t quite “get” my veganism, so this was a huge win. And, of course, it doesn’t hurt that it taste pretty great.
Vegan Sausage Pasta Bake
- Casserole Dish, greased
- 16 ounces pasta prepared
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- 12 ounces non-dairy milk
- 6-8 ounces vegan mozzarella
- 4 ounces Gardein plant-based sliced italian saus'ge lightly browned
- to taste oregano
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Add tomato sauce, milk, cooked pasta, and oregano to greased casserole dish and stir to coat.
- Add sausage slices and cheese to taste (saving some cheese for topping) and stir to combine.
- Top with cheese and extra oregano, if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is brown and melted.
- Serve & enjoy!
- I like to pour the non-dairy milk directly into the tomato sauce jar & shake to get the remnants in there!
- I typically use Earth Grown mozzarella shreds. But remember, some vegan cheese won’t melt as well as their non-vegan counterparts—but they’ll be delicious nevertheless!
- Can substitute Italian seasoning blend in place of oregano, if preferred.
Have you made your own version of this pasta bake or another of my vegan recipes? Comment below or tag me at @anideallifeblog if you share on social media!