One of the first recipes I posted on my previous blog, For the Sake of Good Taste, was an all-time personal favourite: a buffalo cauliflower sandwich. In a similar vein, I’m a huge fan of buffalo cauliflower wings.Jump to Recipe
I first made a version of these buffalo cauliflower wings during my freshman year of college. A friend and I hosted a super bowl party for our larger friend group and I was hooked! Now, I can’t remember the recipe we used. But that’s okay—it started my love affair with buffalo cauliflower in all its forms.
Since then, I’ve tried dozens of different recipes and adapted my own to come up with this one…though let’s be honest, I’ll almost definitely adapt it more. I’ve made it with fresh and frozen cauliflower florets, homemade or store-bought buffalo sauce, and with or without the crispy batter and coating.
Superbowl party? Look no further than these buffalo cauliflower wings. Just looking for a tasty side? They work for that, too!
Looking for more cauliflower recipes? Try my go-to dijon-roasted florets or buffalo cauliflower sandwich!
Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- Baking Sheet
- 1 head cauliflower cleaned and cut, or 12 oz. package of cauliflower florets
- 2/3 cup flour or almond flour, plus extra for coating (optional)
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/4 cup hot sauce adjust to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup vegan butter or margarine melted
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Combine flour, water, and a dash of hot sauce to create a batter.
- Coat each floret in batter and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the batter has become golden brown.
- While cauliflower bites are cooking, prepare your buffalo sauce by combining remaining ingredients.
- Coat cauliflower in sauce. If desired, sprinkle with additional almond flour for an extra crispy exterior.
- Return to oven for 5-10 minutes or until crisp.
- Serve & enjoy!